The Project itself :
The fact that our project had to go third instead of first got me nervous!
the order kept on changing and that caused me to panic a little.
But when our installation presentation actually started things went well (not really according to plan) but we certainly managed to deliver our idea !
everyone got excited playing the game!, then they all felt it was unfair cause of one team having the gloves ! and some mentioned how unfair it was for some teams to have 2 guys in them against another team with no guys at all.!
our audience was able to feel understand our concept without us explaining it to them! and i believe that’s when we can say GOAL ACHIEVED !. or Schadenfreude achieved ! 😀
The Emotional experience :
when everyone complained and said “What ?? unfair ! … hey… you guys we will kill you!! the gift is trash … everything is unfair” that’s when they’ve experienced the misfortune emotionally!
The Visual/material Experince :
the setting of our installation, vinyl themed stickers, rope, chairs, entering queue. all was set up properly and crafted as good as it could possibly be within the time we were given.
add on the highballs (Capitol) people, the way they were dressed and having blue and white roses showing superiority! made it clear
The Sound Experience :
the music choice that would set the contestants into the game intense mood and the finale music when the winners have to hand over their prize the music chosen is somewhat sad and rewarding at the same time, conveying the emotional conflict the teams are going through!
I believe everyone in the group worked equally in their own different way. we faced some miscommunication problems but when i saw how the other groups are struggling i realized we were actually having things way better.
I think if i work with a similar group i will make sure to be more clear with the member that is trying to move forward alone and make sure they understand what group work truly means. and just because this person is my friend i shouldn’t let this make me not point out their mistakes clearly because i’m scared it might affect our friendship.
But in order to do that i will have to work on myself in translating my ideas and being able to deliver my thoughts clearly. i never realized this before but i am not capable of explaining myself to others if they are not my close friends.
I got to see myself in this group project, myself in someone else’s body (sounds creepy) but that’s the true, i saw myself in the member with wanting to take control of everything without realizing it!, and i saw myself in the members who would simply not give their opinion when someone wants to take control just so they won’t get into an argument.
What I have learned :
- I have bad skills in delivering my thoughts which i need to work on.
- I take things personally, i cannot separate my friend from my team mate.
- being a social person helps a lot (getting materials from Abdul as a friend not a staff, talking with facilities and security to get certain things done)
- Sometimes i would compromise my own work for the sake of social life or in this case “friendship” which is something I plan to change.
- Giving someone the lead isn’t always the right way to avoid arguments, and equal work isn’t equal if we don’t consider the members individual capabilities.
- even though I said to myself i will start working in group projects with the idea of “it’s just business, nothing personal”… you cannot really work like that all the time, sometimes you need to be considerate of what others are going through, after all we are all human beings not robots!.
- our project was meant to take 8 minutes only..(my group members freaked out and rushed things through).. but i found out from a video recording that our entire project took less than 5 minutes 🙂 .. because of panic and panic! we were scared we might not make it in time, when in fact we had enough time.. so sometimes we need to take a deep breath and calm down.
At the end I did what i believe in, embracing it all…
so I tried to embrace the stress, the fun part, the physical and mental pain that i went through individually and with my group.